On the last weekend of November, before the Christmas rush, we will be hosting our first, last and biggest sale of 2016. We will be closing our doors for the winter period the following week, so this is your chance to get that bike you have been dreaming about all summer. It is also a great opportunity to find neat gifts for that bikey friend of yours.
As a thank you for another great year, we are offering the first 25 customers on each day a special gift bag with a minimum $50 purchase.
Everything is priced to go (final sale)! 25-70% OFF.
November 26-27th. 2 DAYS ONLY!
SATURDAY 26th 10AM - 5PM SUNDAY 27th 10AM - 5PM
In Store Only : 5165 Notre-Dame O, Montreal
Parking lot behind the store if you come by Cote-St-Paul
- ALL remaining in store bicycles, rental fleet and demos are 25 - 45% OFF
- ALL Schwalbe Winter tires are 40% OFF
- ALL helmets 35 - 50% OFF
- ALL ACCESSORIES, LOCKS, BASKETS, LIGHTS, BELLS, BAGS, WINTER GLOVES, ETC... 25 - 70% OFF!!!
- Cargo Bike special : Demo (used) Triobike Cargo 8 speed $2767.50 + taxes
Bullitt Cargo Bike Single Speed $2990.00 NO TAXES
There's a shift in the way Canadian urbanites are choosing to traverse their cities. Many individuals, families and businesses are opting for a more active and cost effective mode of transportation; such as the bicycle. And to that end the cargo bike is gaining popularity.
5 years ago you would not have seen a cargo bike. Today, although still rare, you might actually come across a cargo bike parked in front of your local take out restaurant, daycare or zooming by with children, dogs and or groceries. It's so common to see cargo bikes in Europe (notably Denmark, Holland and Germany). It's starting to gain traction in Canada.
Families are now faced with a new option of replacing their second car with a cargo bike. While many younger people are by passing the car all together and going directly to cargo bike ownership. Businesses are expanding their fleet with a more sustainable and cost effective solution. Individuals find that cargo bikes offer endless possibilities for personal use and for the potential entrepreneurial startups.
After years of being at the fore front of the cargo bike movement in Canada and rigurously testing them at home or abroad, we have compiled a list of Canada's top cargo bikes. The most frequently used by Canadians as well as the most versatile & adaptable to our unique environment. If you are just starting to look at cargo bikes, prices may seem high, but remember that these bikes actually serve a purpose and will last for years to come. Best of all you can share the love of riding with someone; your copilot!
The following is a list in no order of importance and purely based on our experience and feedback of others. We invite you to share your own feedback or thoughts on cargo bikes in Canada, especially if you own any of the mentioned brands.
1. Bullitt Cargo Bike by Larry vs Harry. Legendary by name, the Bullitt has been on the world wide market for over 10 years and is by far the fastest growing cargo bike brand in Canada. The co- creator Hans is no stranger to our enviroment, as he was a bike messenger in Montreal in 90/91. The first Bullitt to arrive on Canadian streets was in 2009 and the rest is history. It is usually the first choice among businesses for deliveries and equally popular with parents wanting to have their kids sitting up front. The nice thing about a Bullitt is that you can purchase a Framekit for $2490.00 and make it your Winter project. A complete build (starting at $3000) comes in a variety of colours and component builds making it very versatile for the hilly cities like Montreal and Vancouver. It is fairly easy to ride and is designed to have multiple cargo configurations. No matter where you ride, you are sure to turn heads. Many businesses like Courrier Plus, Vélicoursier, Send It Courier, Pilot Coffee Roasters or Randonneur Mobile Mechanics have chosen to use a Bullitt
Strengths: Versatile build options, lightweight, work horse, good for hills and all seasons, trusted brand
As well, the all new eBullitt with integrated Shimano StepS system is also available here. It has electronic shifting and high powered lights that can be controlled on the display panel. An interesting feature is the walk assist, should you ever need to push a heavy load around. If the battery dies out, no worries, because there is virtually no drag and therefoe you could continue biking as normal. Try one today!
2. Triobike Mono - The safest and lightest family cargo trike on the market! It comes from the "happiest" city in the world: Copenhagen. Triobike has been building and refining their unique design for over 10 years. Triobike first made its way to Vancouver in 2012 with Mikael Colville-Andersen from Copenhagenize , where Chris from Modacity had a first hand test of the Triobike Mono.
In the past 4 years, the brand has become the popular choice for families in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver Kelowna and Victoria. When it comes to safety, Triobike has taken the extra steps. The front box is like a giant helmet and has been continuously impact tested to maintain a high standard of quality and safety. The seats come with 5 point seatbelts. Most traditionnal trikes are very tippy, but Triobike includes a steering damper, cambered front wheels and a mechanism whereby the frame leans when you turn allowing it to be very stable. For Copenhagenites, the Triobike Mono might be their only family vehicule, but for many families in Canada, the Mono is the new "2nd car". What makes the Mono adaptable to our terrain? It is very lightweight with 8 internal gears which is good for hills, being a trike you do not need to worry about balancing your kids at an intersection surroudnded by cars. The components are internal, making it great for all wheather conditions. You also have a built in wheel lock for added security. At $4290.00 you get everything you need with a choice of a dozen colours for the seat and hood.
Strengths: Very safe, lightweight, easy to ride, integrated lock, good for hills and all seasons
In 2014 Triobike came out with their 2 wheel version known as the Cargo. There biggest seller being the Cargo S with Carbon Gates belt drive was a first of its kind for a cargo bike. At just 21kg this bike survived the ultimate test on a cross country journey from Montreal to Vancouver in Fall 2014 ridden by Lamar Timmins (find out more on Huffington Post). It is now present in most Canadian cities and used by companies like greatergoods.ca, maisonlegrand.com, Modacity and Bell events.
Strengths: Lightweight, stiff frame, work horse, good for hills and all seasons.
3. Butchers & Bicycles MK1 - New to the world of cargo bikes: the MK1. It has totally redefined the traditional trike. They call it a "tilt-action"cargo bike. The ability to bank; allowing you to take turns at a higher speed. It is another reason to love Danish cargo bikes brands! Its popularity sky rocketted in Europe. The MK1 comes at a higher price no doubt, but you are getting the ultimate riding experience. Any bike shop can maintain it. It is available with electric assist or carbon gates belt drive. Did we mention that the suspensions allows for a smoother ride? Especially in pothole ridden cities like Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto. A couple neat features are the lock box storage for your valuables or a bike lock. The front door, makes it easy for the little ones but grandma or even someone with reduced mobility can now enjoy the ride. The MK1-E is the ultimate machine. It has a built in BOSCH e-assist system allowing to reach upwards of 90kms on the easiest mode. It has been available in Canada for the past year with pre orders available for this year here.
Strengths: Cannot tip over, fast turning, front door, different riding positions, good for hills and all seasons.
4. Nihola from Denmark offers a large variety of models for kid carrying to the mail delivery. Both Danish and German post have a fleet of Niholas for their daily mailing routes. It is one of the most recognized brands in Denmark today. Unlike traditional style cargo trikes like Christiania, Nihola has an independent steering linkage, allowing for a smoother riding experience. It comes with a well designed rain canopy and a front door. The upright riding position is good for added comfort. You can count on this trike to carry your heaviest loads. Price point starts at about $4000.00 with some Canadian dealers on the east side.
Strengths: Independent steering, front door, large variety of models to ft your needs.
5. Babboe is a Dutch designed cargo bike that is both comfortable and affordable. They are widely available in Canada. The brand kept its Dutch influence with the nice wooden box, steel frame and upright riding position. The steel frame, although heavy, makes for a smoother ride, because it absorbs vibrations a lot better. While riding on our pothole roads, just imagine you are on a nice cobble stone road in the Netherlands. The step-through design allows for easy mounting and dismounting. They have both trike and 2 wheel versions.
Strengths: Comfortable and affordable
Although the weather is still a little chilly, we highly recommend that you bring in your bike for its Spring tune up. We offer efficient and affordable service with a 2 week garantee. Of course a delicious italian coffee is always included. See pricing and details here.
After countless trips between Canadas two largest cities by way of the the 401 highway, it was time to try this journey by bike. I have always been impressed by the BMEF 24 and 48hour races that occur every Summer from Toronto to Montreal. Hoping to one day participate in the event myself, i figured i would try to do it in 24 hours of riding time over 2 days. This would be a good occasion to really test out my VANMOOF Dusenjager, which has survived quite a few challenged including a hard impact by a car from behind. To someone looking at biking this journey, would say that it does not require too much planning. For 25$ Via Rail can transport your bike unboxed. Make sure that your train has the luggage wagon. In my case, they didn't, but they did hold my bike overnight in Montreal and sent it to Toronto the next day.
Day 1 - Toronto to Kingston 289km 11hrs30mins
I left at 5:30AM Sunday November 22. My exit form the city was virtually traffic free. I did use Google maps as a guiding point, but chose my own more direct root along King Street. Once along the lakeshore route, you will surely enjoy a nice sunrise from Lake Ontario. I would say that this was the best time of the year to do this, because it was not too cold and the wind was mostly in my favour. Mid day i ran into some light snow. Earlier that week i had made contact with a nice couple from Warmshowers.org who would let me stay at their place in Kingston. My day ended at 8PM.
Day 2 - Kingston to Montreal 290km
It was hard getting out of bed that morning, but my hosts set me up with a hearty breakfast and off i went. The route was pretty simple; stick to old county road 2. The beauty about this biking on the old highway is that you avoid all the big block malls and get to enjoy the many picturesque towns. It is pretty flat the entire way with a few rolling hills. Riding through Thousand Islands was great, because there was actually a well paved bike path. My ride ended at the west end of Montreal at 10pm.
Dear friends and customers.
We have persevered this past year to make sure that we offer the lowest/competitive prices for European city bikes, urban bikes, commuter bikes, dutch bikes and cargo bikes in Canada. We cannot control the USD, and as of January 1st 2016, all prices for VANMOOF, GAZELLE, CREME CYCLES and BULLITT CARGO BIKE will be adjusted accordingly (increase).
We highly recommend that you take advantage of current 2015 prices. All pre order purchases will be locked in 2015 pricing. For example, if you pre order a Butchers & Bicycles MK1 at $4999.00 + taxes , you will pay your deposit this month and the balance in 2016. Your invoiced total remains unchanged.
99.9% of the bicycle industry in Canada will also be making these adjustments next year, so we can assure you that we will always offer competitive prices and respect the MSRPs.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
All the best.
The Creme Vinyl Doppio is the epitome of classic elegance and timeless design.
Hand-built in Europe and guaranteed for life. The strong steel frame allows for a fast and comfortable ride, especially on the streets of Montreal. The British metallic racing green is bound to turn heads. It comes fully equipped with brakes, leather grip take and a flip flop hub to build to your preference.
On the last weekend of November, before the Christmas rush, we will be hosting our first, last and biggest sale of 2015. We will be closing our doors for the winter period the following week, so this is your chance to get that bike you have been dreaming about all summer. It is also a great opportunity to find neat gifts for that bikey friend of yours.
Everything is priced to go (final sale)! 25-70% OFF.
November 27-29th. 3 DAYS ONLY!
FRIDAY 27th 10AM - 8PM SATURDAY 28th 10AM - 5PM SUNDAY 29th 10AM - 5PM
In Store Only : 5165 Notre-Dame O, Montreal
Parking lot behind the store if you come by Cote-St-Paul
We are happy to announce that we are now restocked Butchers & Bicycles cargo bikes in Canada for 2016.
We have received lots of great feedback for those who had the chance to test one in Montreal and Toronto or to rent one during the summer months. Due to popular demand, we were unable to fullfill orders in time and only a few families got their MK1 last year.
Nevertheless, we are excited to be bringing once again the Butchers & Bicycles to Canada in 2016
If you are interested please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.
We ship 100% assembled Canada wide.
We are liquidating some of our floor models, demos and rental bikes. Only one of each is available. Please let us know if you need shipping outside Montreal
Live photos are available upon request.
Men's Urban Bikes:
- Creme Cycles Caferacer Solo 7speed Matte Silver Large 61cm reg.$1199.00 NOW$899.00
- Creme Cycles Caferacer Solo 7speed All Black Edition Medium 55cm $1199.00 NOW$999.00
- Creme Cycles Caferacer Solo 3speed All Black Edition Small 51cm reg.$799.00 NOW$699.00
- Creme Cycles Vinyl Single/Fixed Gear Matte Silver Large 61cm reg.$699.00 NOW$599.00
- Creme Cycles Vinyl Single/Fixed Gear Infrared Small 51cm reg.$699.00 NOW$599.00
- Royal Dutch Gazelle Tour Populaire T8speed Large 61cm reg.$1700.00 NOW$1549.00
- VANMOOF S3 28" 8speed Dynamo Lights reg.1399.00 NOW$1299.00
- VANMOOF T-series 2speed Dynamo lights Copper (RENTAL) reg.$899.00 NOW$499.00
Women's Urban Bikes:
- Creme Cycles Caferacer Lady Solo 7speed Red Small 44.5cm reg.$1199.00 NOW$899.00
- Creme Cycles Caferacer Lady Solo 7speed Red Large 54cm reg.$1199.00 NOW$899.00
- Creme Cycles Holymoly Solo 3speed Deep Blue S/M 49cm reg.$899.00 NOW$799.00 SOLD
- Creme Cycles Holymoly Solo 3speed Turquoise L/XL 54cm reg.$899.00 NOW$799.00
- Creme Cycles Holymoly Solo 3speed Pearl White L/XL 54cm reg.$899.00 NOW$799.00
- Creme Cycles Molly Chic 3 Speed Medium 49cm reg.$699.00 NOW$599.00 SOLD
- Creme Cycles Caferacer Solo 7speed Turquoise Large 54cm reg $1199.00 NOW$899.00
- VANMOOF B6 3speed Dynamo Lights reg.$999.00 NOW$929.00
- Triobike Mono Internal 8speed white (RENTAL) reg$4270.00 NOW$2135.00 SOLD
- Triobike Boxter 8speed black (REPAIRED BOX) reg.$3990.00 NOW$2990.00
- Triobike Mono Internal 8speed black (DEMO) reg$4270.00 NOW$3900.00
- Triobike Cargo S Alfine11speed Gates Belt Drive (DEMO) reg$3740.00 NOW$3540.00 SOLD
- Bullitt Cargo Bike 27speed Black (RENTAL/DEMO) reg$3600.00 NOW$1900.00 SOLD
- Bullitt Cargo Bike Nexus7, rear coaster brake front disc brake reg$3490.00 SOLD
- SOMA Tradesman 27speed Black reg$1400.00 NOW$1000.00
Time and time again, we see the bicycle industry apply new innovations and tech to the high end road bikes and mountain bikes. Now, imagine an urban bicycle reconfigured based on European design and aesthetics. This unique geometry on two wheels, also has Dutch practicality , the front and rear lights are beautifully integrated into the top bar. Meet the Vanmoof S-series from Amsterdam.
We like to think of the S-series as not just a bicycle but as a sophisticated, timeless and trafficproof mode of urban transportation.
The Vanmoof S-series has something for everyone. First we begin with the S3, which is available in a 26" or 28" sizing. Within the iconic Vanmoof geometry, there's the built in Philips LED lights for higher visibility, 8 internal gears for versatility and ease, especially in hilly cities like Montreal, Calgary or Vancouver. You have all the necessary add ons like mudguards, full chainguard and the optional rear and front rack. The combination of tough tires, air cushion saddle and upright position, makes for a very smooth ride.
The S6 is interesting for women who want to commute to work in chic attire. It is a great unisex option, because of it's step through geometry.
One of our favourite Vanmoof bikes would be the S5. It is extremely limited and luckily we will be able to supply Canadians into 2016. The Vanmoof S5 puts other city bikes to shame. It has an integrated ABUS chain lock built into it's iconic frame. You will not find a more complete urban bike on the market today. Montreal & Toronto; this Vanmoof will confound those pesky bike thieves.
If you happen to be in Montreal or at the Toronto International Bicycle Show 2016, we highly recommend that you test a Vanmoof S series. They are available exclusively in Canada on velolifestyle.com or Allo Velo in beautiful Montreal.
What a perfect ride!